Word with the Wise Wednesday: Brenda Puckett

1. What important life lessons have you learned so far?
Seek first to understand and not to be understood.  Living by this principle makes life an exciting and inspirational journey.  Also, I have learned the importance of focusing my energy into the aspects of life that I am responsible for... I don't waste time worrying about things I cannot control.  

2. How is the world today different or similar to what it was like when you were a child?
I wish video cameras were as prevalent then as they are now.  It would be really nice to view video footage of myself as a child.  Also, I notice the dynamic of some parents today who refuse to allow children to experience life's consequences and fail forward. I see that and my heart goes out to the children because they are missing out on learning valuable life lessons when the cost per lesson is relatively low.  Regarding my hometown, Tulsa, things and people are pretty similar to what they were when I was a child.  

3. What has been your hardest lesson to date?
That you cannot make someone love you.  I learned this at an early age--early 20's-- and this revelation was and has been very enlightening: "It is ok, this person cannot be made to love me... and I can let them go."

4.  What is the one thing you want people to remember about you?
That I stay optimistic, evolve with the times and inspire others to do better, be their best self.




As you can tell, Brenda is a rockstar!!! We met back in the day when I was teaching and coaching in the public school system.  She is a go-getter who is dynamic, fabulous and fun!  Whenever we're together, we laugh hysterically and have authentic conversation.  Brenda is the type of person who makes a positive impact in whatever space she occupies.  Whenever I leave her presence, I feel encouraged, inspired and invigorated.  Brenda has many talents... I appreciate her love for and knowledge of dance.  She is a dance coach extraordinaire who has nurtured MANY accomplished collegiate and professional dancers.  She is also a dynamic, savvy and trustworthy Realtor who has assisted close friends (and me too!) with buying/selling a home.  If you or anyone you know needs help with house huntin' or sellin',  send em her way.  She's the bomb.com...  Pinky Promise!                 

http://www.brendapuckett.com 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...