forgiveness

photograph courtesy of Jadyn Noelle Photography


"Forgiveness means giving up the hope that the past could have been any different."  

A good friend posted this quote on Facebook the other day and it totally resonated with me.  It was a timely reminder to forgive and let go of wishing that the other person would have:

cared
understood
listened
been honest 
appreciated my honesty
acted mature
respected my boundaries
included me
been nice
brought their beef with me to me
stopped criticizing
quit lying, manipulating and attempting to control me
been sincere
accepted me
and the list could go on and on...




It was also a timely reminder to forgive myself for: 
    
trying my best but still not getting it quite right
talking too much
exposing my heart to people who were not safe
trying to be whatever he/she wanted me to be
making the same mistake over and over 
again the list could go on and on, but you get the gist...



So today I am making a Public Service Announcement: 
It is time.  Time to forgive everyone else and yourself.  For everything.  
Today may you walk in the power and freedom of forgiveness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...