must read monday

I told you last week that I was reading The Resolution for Women, Made to Crave and A Course in Weight Loss.  This past week I leaned heavily on Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst.  It has inspired and challenged me on many levels. I have highlighted and underlined the mess out of this book and I recommend it to like the thousandth power!!!  Right now I am reading Chapter 6.  Here are a few gems from the Introduction and the first two chapters.  


The Introduction is entitled "Finding Your Want To"


Dare to believe that this time will be different.  


I've even asked God if it would be such a terribly difficult thing to swap the molecular structure of Cheez-Its for carrot sticks.  They're both already orange.  (I have so prayed that sort of prayer about cake and salad! LOL)


Excuses always get me nowhere fast, especially when it comes to healthy eating.  


I don't want to spend a lifetime in this cycle.  (I call it the CRAZY cycle!!!)


...spiritual malnutrition.  We feel overweight physically but underweight spiritually.  


... Nothing changes until we make the choice to redirect our misguided cravings to the only one capable of satisfying them.    


I had to ask God to give me the desire to be healthy.  




Chapter 1: What's Really Going On Here?


God made us to crave... the object of our craving was never supposed to be food or other things people find themselves consumed by, such as sex or money or chasing after significance.  


Truth is powerful.  The more saturated we are with truth, the more powerful we'll be in resisting our temptations.  


Everything is permissible--but not everything is beneficial.  1Corinthians 10:23 ... That thought empowered me to make a beneficial choice rather than wallowing in being deprived or (making) an unhealthy choice.  




Chapter 2: Replacing My Cravings


Really surrender.  


Is it possible that we love and rely on food more than we love and rely on God?


I used cravings as a prompt to pray.  I craved a lot.  So, I found myself praying a lot.  


Help me, God, to feel satisfied with healthier choices.  




Let me just tell you... Girlfriend is deep.  Deeeeep.  OK?  


In a very loving and beneficial way, she digs up and uncovers all the mess.  She exposes the lies we believe and then comes hard with the truth.  This has been so great for me because like I said... I ain't waiting til January!  I'm gettin er done rite now because I'm all the way in to be my best self in every way possible.  My brother's life inspires me.  


So far the information in this book has been powerful, life changing and pretty much... I'm diggin it!  According to a blurb at madetocrave.org, "this book is not a how-to manual or the latest, greatest dieting plan.  Made to Crave is a helpful companion to use alongside whatever healthy eating approach you choose... to help you find the "want to" in how to make healthy lifestyle changes."

Visit madetocrave.org for more information about or to purchase el libro.  


Be sweet!


















  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...