an historic day


Recently I entered the 21st century by fully embracing technology and upgrading to a smartphone.  Why did I resist, you ask?  These were my two main reasons:
1.  I didn't want to become one of those people who lives to be on/with/near my phone. 
2. I was resisting the newfangled phone technology bandwagon.  Sometimes I'm old school like that. 
However, I finally realized that my phone just was not working.  My old phone was what I like to call a faux smartphone.  A first glance, it looked like a Blackberry and we all know how deceiving looks can be. Even though my old phone could surf the net, it was nearly impossible to decipher or navigate anything once you were actually on the net and the phone had zero app capabilities.  Basically, I could make calls and text like a champion.  



Here is a mug shot of my previous phone technically known by the name Pantech: 


image credit
Isn't she faux lovely?  


Initially the phone met my needs, but later on as my needs changed, I pretended like the phone was still a good fit.  

One of my great friends from college, affectionately know as Momma Kelley, happened to have the same phone and we howled hysterically when we discovered this during her visit earlier this year.  We laughed at out technological tomfoolery.  

In non-cell phone news, The Star Wars saga came to a close today as Return of the Jedi finished playing not too long ago.  
Those Ewoks are so adorable, aren't they?!?!  I always wanted an Ewok, a koala, a kangaroo and a dolphin.  I'm over everything except the dolphin, really.  With the properly sized pool and a warm climate, I know that I could care for a dolphin in my own backyard.  He would be so loved and we I would swim with him everyday.  The hubster is not on Team Dolphin... yet.




With the finale of this particular Star Wars run, I thought it'd be nice to end with wisdom from the green Grandaddy of all Jedi, Yoda:


Luminous beings are we... You must feel the Force around you.


Do or do not.  There is no try.


Fear is the path to the dark side.  Fear leads to anger.  Anger leads to hate.  Hate leads to suffering. 


Always in motion is the future.  


Death is a natural part of life.  Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force.  Mourn them do not.  Miss them do not.  Attachment leads to jealousy.  The shadow of greed, that is.  


Named must your fear be before you can banish it.  


You will only find what you bring in.  


Luke: I can't believe it. 
Yoda: That is why you fail. 


If you choose the quick and easy path, you will become an agent of evil.


Honor life by living.  


Face the truth and choose.  Give off light or darkness.  Be a candle or the night.  Choose!




I sure wish I could interview him for Word with the Wise Wednesday!  






Oh and here's a pic of my new phone, iStella (instead of Estella, get it?!?!):





She's dreamy.  Especially because she only cost me 99 cents!  



Be open to the change that needs to take place in your life.  Today and always... 


...and please share your must-have apps!


Toodles!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...