beautiful things...

Today I have been talking with my good friend, Holly about life, parenting and simplicity... celebrating and honoring the gift that you are as an individual... doing this for others as well.  Playing to your strengths... One of Holly's many strengths is party planning.  (Click here and here to see proof!) While I like me a good party, planning one all by my lonesome is not so much my thing.  It is A-OK that Holly is PartyPlannerCentral and I'm not.  I don't have to pretend to be PartyPlannerCentral either... yet I can honor and celebrate the awesome giftedness of my PartyPlannerCentral friend... and hire her to plan my events lol!  If I had to plan an entire event all by myself, everyone would be dead and there would be no party.  *Insert howls of laughter from me and Holly here*

It is a beautiful thing to honor and celebrate who we are.
It is a beautiful thing to keep everyday life simple.  Remembering that life is not about the clothes you wear, the car you drive or the company you keep.  No, who we are is all about what we do--not so much job-wise, but our actions, reactions and interactions with others in the passage of everyday life.  Showing Love, Extending Grace, Navigating Relationships, The Words We Speak, Parenting and just Living Day to Day Life is supposed to be a beautifully simple extension of who we are.  It is the grateful acceptance of this fact: there is more than enough room for You to be You and Me to be Me.  Both valued, cherished and respected as a work of art from our Creator.  

So whether you are thoughtful, creative, rational and observant like Holly or a silly, creative, and bossy daydreamer like me, know that God is making a beautiful masterpiece of your life.  "A colorful mosaic" is how my pastor described it on Easter Sunday and the absolute coolest thing of all is that our Creator's work is highly specialized.  He ONLY makes Beautiful Things...




"You make beautiful things...
You make beautiful things out of dust.
You make beautiful things... 
You make beautiful things out of us."


Today let's stop pretending like life is so complicated.  For me today is all about laundry, homeschool, this blog post, a little bit of planning for an event this weekend, jammies, Lego blocks and My Heart On Legs singing, "You make beautiful things out of us and dust." 

Today can you trust that God is making a beautiful thing out of us?  

Because He is... 

For real.  

Even when it don't look like it.  

What if we just do the thing that is directly in front of us... and then keep doing whatever is in front of us over and over again?  I am convinced that each little action we take is part of this giant mosaic of Life.  

Open your heart, your mind and your eyes to recognize and embrace simplicity, which really means to see the beauty of any given thing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...