opinions...everybody's got one

Same with bellybuttons and butt cracks.  It's time to bring back the lost art of knowing when and when not to keep your opinion to yourself.  If someone asks what you think or if you are encouraging and lifting someone's countenance, go for it!  I'm all about that!  But if you are waxing nostalgic on the great depth of your knowledge + your right-ness, you can save that garbage for the trash can.  Nobody wants to hear anything from a know it all.  So let's go ahead and shut that down--like--forever.  

My mode for sharing my opinion goes something like this: Is it true?  Is it necessary?  Is it kind?  <--That last one trips me up sometimes, so I have asked close friends, "What is the kind way to say ____?" whenever it is lost on me.  Also, having a relationship (a significant amount of time together, intimate conversation + connection, love, kinship, friendship, respect... some sort of SOLID foundation) is KEY.  Do NOT try lecturing or opining when you ain't got no in-road, ain't nobody asked, and what you're saying is not marinated in utter compassion + conviction.    

On Twitter the other day I saw the most hilarious tweet by @majani_: "A detailed list of people who asked for your opinion: _______  _______  _______  _______  _______  _______  _______" It LITERALLY made me laugh out loud.  What a poignant reminder to mind ya bidness!  xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...