we all have super powers... for reals

The other day on Facebook, someone that I barely know messaged me asking where they could hear my music.  I am in the process of copyrighting my original music (not to mention the ongoing saga that is life: dishes, family time, honey time, self time, home school, dinner, play time... I know you get the drift...) and in the midst of singing and speaking gigs that come to me by word of mouth, it just hadn't occurred to me to put myself out there like that until BAM!  Someone that I didn't know was a'asking.  So, I got my Google on and figured out how to tack some musical goodness onto my Facebook page, which got me to thinking how easy it is to hide our light under a bush for whatever reason.  Whatever the reason--whether it is intentional (you know, playing small to try and make others feel better about themselves), false humility (aka low self esteem) or whatever else that's been pulled from the bag of tricks-- it is wrong.  Wrong.  We are supposed to let our light shine and share our giftedness as a beacon of light, love and encouragement.  *Please note that shine is not synonymous with narcissism.*  It's more of a I shine, You shine, We all shine sort of thing.  That we share our love and passion (whatever it may be!) with others and then listen closely for theirs.  

Thank you, Laura & Tony

There is tremendous freedom in knowing and honoring ourselves and each other. It is a life long discovery, an evolutionary process of course, but as I look back over my life, I realize this: I repeatedly find myself using truth and the power of my voice.  Shushed repeatedly throughout school (Kindergarten to college, no lie!) and even at home, I realize now that this voicebox is my gift to the world.  My money maker.  Effortless and as easy as breathing because it is who I am.  And hate it or love it, I ain't going no where.  Neither are you.  See, we all have a special something to contribute to this mixing pot.  So I really want you to think about what you have to offer.  What consistent threads remain throughout the test of time in your life? Focus on the good (not the bad!) and herein you will find the secret, the truth, really, of who you were born to be.  I change and positively impact the world with the power of my voice by singing, writing and speaking authentic truth.  

That's my super power.  What's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...