naming things

I really like to name inanimate objects.  Been doing this my whole life.  I have named every car I ever owned:

Dakota 
Piccolo ("pick-uh-low") 
Isabelle 
Bruno 
Bella 
Big Blue (this name came with the car, actually)
Bessie
Moose
Charles Xavier
Lucypearl

I even nicknamed two of Neighbor's cars:
Delores
Comanche



I also nickname my favorite people:

Mig
Wee
Sithy
Neighbor
Mendell
Reet
A.Y.A
CUZIN
Muffy



This list is not comprehensive because there are too many names to list; however, these names may come from shortened or extended versions of original names. Sometimes I add an extra syllable or make up a new name altogether. I may call them by their last name, first and last name or first name with a faux middle name (usually Lee, June or Mae).  Why do I do this?  Because...


Nicknames are love.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...