goodbye, jack bauer

Jack Bauer, I love you.  I hate your clock.  It makes me nervous and stresses me out a bit.  But I keep watching because I love you, your guns and your ninja-like combat skills.  I do not like all the stress that ensues during the hour, but I do enjoy the espionage, unpredictability and the general bad-assness of your role.  I'm watching you right now, actually.  

Watching as I type this.  Thank you, Netflix.  




Due to the high levels of palpable stress during each episode, multi-tasking has become my  coping mechanism.  Intermittently answering emails, adding to my boards on Pinterest, folding laundry, typing a blog post...doing whatever it takes to bring the level of high alert from a 10 to a 5.  I'm looking at you, but I'm looking at other stuff too.  I hope you can understand where I'm coming from, Jack.  Multi-tasking keeps me from getting too freaked out while you choke people out, blow stuff up and save the United States.  Again.  


I am on Season 7 right now and I am planning to finish Season 8 before we chuck the deuce to 2012.  Netflix, thank you again for making this all possible.  

JB, I love you.  I really do, so it's hard to say this... but you can't follow me into the new year.  It's not possible.  No, Jack, it's not an option.  It's not you... and it's not me... It's your clock.  That thing is super annoying.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...