new years rulin's

Have you made any New Year's Resolutions?  If so, are ya keepin em?  I came across Woody Guthrie's "new year's rulin's" from 1943.  Click here to check 'em out.  His list makes me swoon over living a simple life.  Speaking of which, it is the end of the first week of the new year, and as I look at our family calendar, almost every night of the week is filled.  That ain't good so... something's gotta give!  This over-scheduling trend seems to happen to me at the start of every year.  Lots of good opportunities, connections, events and activities... all really good things in and of themselves, btdub, but a girl (or guy!) can't do it all, ya know. (note to self)...


So in the midst of revisiting commitments and obligations,  pondering and working towards goals for the year, getting used to the new normal that is life without Josh, getting back on a normal/post-holiday routine and letting go of the old and embracing the new, I am savoring the sweetness of everyday life.  Practicing intention and awareness.  Daily.  Not always getting it right, but continually learning as I go along and refusing to call it quits.  Being grateful everyday. Reminding myself that it is worth it and then choosing to walk in that reality.  I have been challenged and inspired by this quote:


"...give thanks for the life you already have, to find the life you've always wanted."                                                                                                                                               
                                                               -Ann Voskamp


A friend shared Ann Voskamp with me via Facebook and I am so glad she did!   Click here to visit Ann V's website. Each time I visit her site, I am challenged, uplifted and inspired.  I hope you find inspiration too.  FYI if the music on the website drives you nuts, you can turn it off just below the menu tabs near the  top of the page.  I enjoy the music for about 15 seconds and then I have to turn it off to concentrate on what I'm reading... but maybe it's just me.  I downloaded her app called "1000 Gifts" ... it is a really neat way to capture, chronicle and express gratitude for those special moments that pop into each day.  

credit



HAPPY NEW YEAR, DARLINS!!!!! 

XOXO Sharita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...