I ain't lookin like no slapper


I just had to share this interview because it was doubly refreshing to hear true wisdom and common sense coming from such a young and undeniably talented lady.  Generally speaking, I found her comments to be authentic, encouraging and inspiring.  I am sharing this in the hope that something she says is beneficial to you too.  Personally speaking (as a singer who also has no desire to crawl across a stage buck-naked or pseudo-buck-naked), I am grateful for her courage and boldness because (whether she realizes it or not) she is pioneering.   

"Exploiting yourself sexually is not a good look." <----- THAT is my favorite thing she said.  







Usually, it's Adele's vocals that dominate conversation about the British singer. But the 23-year-old's physique became Topic A when Karl Lagerfeld told Metro newspaper: "She is a little too fat." The comment sparked outrage and an apology from Lagerfeld.  "With high-profile critics like this, how does Adele herself feel about her figure? When Anderson Cooper recently interviewed the star for a "60 Minutes" profile, Adele said she rarely thinks about her body image and feels no pressure to be a "skinny-mini" or wear revealing, hyper-sexual clothing.  "Even if I did have, you know, a 'Sports Illustrated' body, I'd still wear elegant clothes," she said. "I ain't lookin' like no 'slapper' (slang for a promiscuous woman)."   -excerpt from CBS NEWS  


THIS: I ain't looking like no slapper...
has become my favourite* phrase.  
Don't you be looking like no slappa' either! OK?

XOXO Sharita


*for Adele and Brits everywhere ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...